Impactiv8 is committed to sharing social media solutions with small businesses and would welcome guest posts from other like-minded bloggers to ensure Impactiv8′s readers have access to a range of experts, topics and fresh perspectives.
Guest Bloggers must adhere to the following guidelines:
Quality Requirements and Formatting Preferences
Posts should be well-written and concise. In most cases, posts should be at least 600 words long (content, not counting the titles and bio), but not too long. However, shorter posts are also acceptable if the focus in on an embedded video or images.
Posts must be 100% original. It can’t be a post that has been posted on your own blog or anywhere else before. In other words, it must be a new post and should not be re-published elsewhere in the future. The Impactiv8 blog will be the ultimate home of the post provided and can be linked to and referenced to in other blogs produced in future by the Guest Blogger.
The post should be either:
- Fresh - A fresh post has fresh ideas or takes a fresh approach to a subject; or
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive post has comprehensive treatment of a subject, usually in the form of a list (such as 30 reasons why we you must have a social media strategy).
Use short paragraphs, subheadings and/or bullet points to make the post easier to read. Lists are practical and scannable. Impactiv8′s lucky number is 8 and this is a great number of items for a list post!
Articles should be submitted as either a document file (i.e. Word) or a text file, with all the appropriate links indicated with either full URL’s provided or attachments provided (e.g. images, original video files, etc) as applicable.
Tips for Writing a Blog Post
Preferred Topics and Subjects
Posts should be relevant to the Social Media Solutions for small businesses. This may include but is not limited to:
- Social media platforms
- Business planning
- Email marketing
- Business tools and apps
- WordPress.org (my blogging platform of choice)
- Launching a new business
The post should provide a specific angle to a topic, for example:
- Industry announcement (e.g. an update on changes to a social media platform or business tool)
- Unique take on a current issue
- Provision of expertise
- Review of new product
- How to guides or steps to achieve
- Facts, policies and/or guidelines
- Outcomes of research project
- Case study
- An open letter
Link Requirements and Policies
- Links should be used as appropriate to the content of the post.
- Links are encouraged to other posts found in the Impactiv8 website where appropriate.
- No links are permitted to unrelated sites or affiliate links.
Guest Blogger Bio
- Guest Bloggers should include a short biography of no more than 75 words, plus a photo. Guest Bloggers may link to their own work in their bio. This bio will appear at the end of the post and should be provided along with the post.
- There will be a paragraph at the beginning of the post introducing the Guest Blogger that will also include a link to the Guest Blogger’s site.
Your Post Image Requirements
- A minimum of one image, video and/or downloadable file should be submitted with the guest post to make the post attention-grabbing.
- All images should be properly attributed and have been credited.
- Impactiv8 reserves the right to edit the post as needed (for example to fix spelling, grammar and/or create clarity). Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes or ask you to rework part of an article to meet with our requirements.
- Impactiv8 reserves the right to reject posts if not appropriate.
- Posts that criticise individuals and/or may be perceived to victimise or bully will not be accepted.
- If your post is approved, I will give you an idea of when the post will be published.
Guest Bloggers are expected to promote the Blog via their regular communication channels with their regular audience, including (but not limited to) their blog, website, e-news and/or social media channels.