I often get asked “why do you blog?” The reason I started out blogging were to demonstrate my expertise so that when a potential client was deciding whether or not to do business with me they could go to my blog (which is featured on the home page of my website) and make an assessment for themselves whether or not they thought I knew my stuff.
Now that I am coming up to my one year anniversary of blogging for Impactiv8, and after attending ProBlogger 2012, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on how blogging has helped my business and why I continue to blog.
Demonstrating my expertise still remains a strong driving force behind my reason for blogging. After all, social media is always changing, so I have to continually demonstrate that my expertise is still current. However, I now have even more reasons why I choose to blog that I would like to share with you (in no particular order).
Blogging Helps My Business By:
- Demonstrating my expertise and the current nature of that expertise;
- Providing a platform where I can answer one person’s question so that many others can learn from that information;
- Providing regular content to share with Impactiv8’s social networks and Impactiv8’s monthly e-mail updates;
- Assisting to build Impactiv8’s social networks and Impactiv8’s other online communities;
- Enabling a platform for me to ask questions, seek feedback and create a dialogue with customers and potential customers;
- Enabling immediate dissemination of information;
- Increasing the reach for my business;
- Increasing my profile;
- Improving my website’s SEO (search engine optimisation);
- Creating a resource that my online communities come back to on a regular basis;
- Opening doors to meet new people that can assist me in achieving my business goals;
- Allowing me to escape from the sometimes overwhelming “things to do list” and do something I truly enjoy (that doesn’t mean that I don’t like all the things on my to-do-list all the time);
- Allowing me to be creative, express my opinions and share my insights with my online community; and
- Assisting customers and potential customers to trust me and the quality of information, products and services I offer.
I am sure I could go on. Whilst these are all great reasons to blog, they don’t necessarily pay the bills on their own. However, they lead to this end goal by attracting and retaining customers.
Blogging Helps Me Attract And Retain Customers
The majority of the income I receive comes from the services I offer. These include:
- Social Media Presentations
- Social Media Workshops
- Social Media Coaching
- Social Media Consultation
- Social Media Management
- Blogging & Content Development
- Social Media Resources
Blogging helps me attract and retain customers by educating people about what I can help them with, how I can help them and why I should be the one that helps them. By providing valuable content at no cost to those that read my blog, readers then become pre-interested, pre-motivated, pre-qualified and pre-disposed to doing business with me. This then allows them to make an informed and intelligent decision as to whether or not they should work with me that is note solely based on price.
One of the benefits of housing my blog as the home page of my website is that it acts as a springboard, enabling potential customers to easily find the products and services that I offer once they have received value from the blog post that first attracted them to my website.
Don’t just take my word for it. I asked other bloggers to finish the statement “Blogging helps my business by…” and the answer was Blogging Helps Businesses To Make More Money!
How Can You Learn More About Monetizing Your Blog?
You can learn more about monetizing your blog by purchasing a virtual pass to ProBlogger 2012. As part of your ticket you get access to the audio recordings from all 21 session at #PBEVENT as well as any presentation slides used by speakers at the event. I attended this event and have since listened to all the concurrent sessions that I missed at the event. I highly recommend this resource to assist you in building your business to help your business achieve success!