With so many on-line resources available for small businesses, finding the best can be difficult and time consuming! Let me give you a hand. I have broken these resources into the following categories to assist you with your search:
- Social Media Tools
- Email Marketing
- On-line Stores
- File storage and sharing
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). I recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing any product or service. This article is not a guideline, a recommendation or endorsement of specific products.
Social Media Tools
WordPress is one of the most feature rich and user friendly publishing platforms available today, with great extendibility (through themes, widgets and plugins) and an excellent open source community, meaning there are many free and low-cost extensions available to meet the needs of your business. It is the platform of choice for most successful bloggers and can be used as both a blog and a website combined. A self-hosted wordpress.org blog enables you to gain all the benefits of wordpress, with your own domain.
ProBlogger has a range of useful eBooks including:
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog
- Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers
- ProBlogger’s Guide to Your First Week of Blogging
- ProBlogger’s Guide to Blogging for Your Business
- The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing
- Blog Wise: How to do More with Less
All In One – Customer Relationship Management, E-mail Marketing, E-commerce & Automation
- Infusionsoft – This is the one system I cannot live without. I use Infusionsoft to simplify my sales activities from start to finish. It does everything from lead generation and qualification, through to e-mail campaigns, auto-responders, personalised communications and store-front with shopping cart for on-line payments. It enables automated workflow tasks with smart campaign triggers and excellent reporting so you can see what works and what doesn’t.
- Mailchimp - MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It’s like your own personal publishing platform.
- Shopify - An easy to use online store builder, with fully customizable store design, secure shopping cart provided and Ecommerce hosting included. 20,000+ stores run on Shopify.
File Storage & Sharing
Screen Sharing & Webinar tools